The changes compared to the previous code are the following:
- Harmonisation / interdependence of the 28 member states in implementing customs regulations
- Securing the supply chain (SAFE Framework of Standards – World Customs Organisation policy)
- Changes in the use of information systems – the dematerialisation of documents, methods of exchanging data and storing information…
- Upgrading the value of Authorised Economic Operators
- Widening and liberalising Customs representation to favour competitiveness
As well, a ministerial ruling about customs representation and the registration of customs representatives was published in the Official Journal on 3rd May 2016. The text defines the conditions and methods of registration for customs representatives.